Sonntag, 2. Juni 2013

YOU 2013 Berlin

Hello gals! (^__^) ☆*゚ ゜゚

Today I went with a friend to the event YOU here in Berlin.

As you may heard of it, it's a convention for the youth.
I felt quite a bit old - haha.



It was my first time visiting this event and I didn't know what to expect but it was really nice.
Except the shrieking teenies from time to time.


☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*


My outfit for today was the following, just add the white sneakers please.
It's pretty casual but the weather was also so ugly and cold... 


But I was able to wear my new necklace from my penpal and my favourite pierces.


 





I also tried out some braid style with my hair and yeah...
The photo isn't the best but I hope you can guess what the result should be.
Maybe you can notice it in the outfit picture, too.




☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*


So first we passed the sports area and played in the pinball section!

I really love this old game, very famous in the 1980s!
We even could play the Star Trek one!! ♥


☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*


After that we went through the section of the public service.

Then we came back again I took a look into an ambulance and had a nice talk with the guy there.

Viki and I also tried out the driving simulator from the police.
Driving with alcohol really is scary...
It was just 0,5 per mille but the reaction was already so bad...

Incredible and scary!!



☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*


We passed by the poster stall.

I couldn't resist and bought two "old fashioned" posters.

You know I really love the American movies from the 1950s-1960s.
Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant, Fred Astaire... and I love the locations they shot the films - esp. France/Paris.





☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*


Then we stopped at a Bollywood stall and well... just wanted to try out the Bollywood look.

We both decided that isn't something for us, since our faces are not so edgy but too round.
But nevertheless it was fun to let someone make you up, put some accessories on and get a photo.



Afterwards you were allowed to draw a lot - and I happily get the number "1", so I could choose a DVD for free!!

I decided to take the classical "Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham" (In guten wie in schweren Tagen) and am looking forward to watch it.

I'm not into Bollywood at all but from time to time it's pretty funny.


☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*


The lifestyle area was pretty big and there were many other things to do... but the queues were too much...

I really would have liked to change my hairstyle or makeup by pros but it was just too long to wait because ALL girls wanted to do this.


Of course. ;)





☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*


We walked to the Asia area which was pretty small but had some nice features.

We tried out a bit of Taekwondo, ate some Vietnamese and Japanese stuff, Viki bought a One Piece gatchapon and I sang with an unknown girl one of my favourite 2NE1 songs.

We were surprised that there weren't any cosplayer at all.
Usually you have a lot of them around a convention, doesn't matter if it's about Anime & Manga or not.





☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*


Stopping by the Music & Dance area we watched the final part of a cool dance performance of the Flying Steps - I really love this academy!!

And thanks to the fact that we are from Berlin we get the chance to have a free training!


☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*


The last stop was the education corner.
In comparison to the lifestyle area it was pretty empty here.

We checked a truck of the Bundesregierung where you could take a picture in front of a speakers desk but then we were told that you also could give a 60sec speech which will be cut together with all the other ones and send to the government.

I graped the opportunity and talked about our healthcare system and the working conditions for the people who work there.
As a nursing student it's pretty obvious for me that we need better working conditions...

I really hope that they will listen to this.


☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*


Oh and one last special feature:
WE MET A LOT OF ZOMBIES. <3

These were the only "cosplayer" so far and they were... pretty cool.
We just needed to take a photo!