Sonntag, 16. Juni 2013

The traditional "Hiyoko" sweets

Hello my dear gals! (‐^▽^‐)

Because I have to work alsmost a whole week again there aren't any special things I can talk about.
So it's another post about favourite Japanese sweets I recommend to you! (‐^▽^‐)

This time it's "Cha-hiyoko" - the sweetest chicken to eat. ♥



I'm very grateful to Shin-kun, that he introduced me to Hiyoko - some really yummy Japanese sweets since 100 years! ♥
So the anniversary has just been last year. ^^

First I wasn't sure WHAT it is... but thanks to Japanese vocabulary... it's a young chicken! (〃∇〃)

And there is some history behind the long, long ongoing story of hiyoko...
Please take a look by yourself here.
It is told that the creator wanted to have some sweets that both adult and children like.
Moreover sweets were some energy sources for the workers in mines and cakes were also a nice gift for transactions in other cities, etc.






The outside reminds of some soft cake or soft buiscuit and the inside... is filled with matcha-créme!  ♥

You can get various package versions of these sweets but my ones were packed as triples. ^^

As you may know Japan really waste a lot of paper, plastic, etc. for packaging - but still it's always wrapped nicely.
Furthermore you just can eat one and lay the others aside - they won't dry. :)






I really recommend these sweets to you, if you like matcha and can buy some or get some of them send to you.
Please look for it, when you will travel to Japan someday! (●´ω`●)ゞ

I hope that Hiyoko-sweets will remain among civilisation for a long, long time!



☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*